Round Hill's Green Commitment
An eco-friendly resort in Montego Bay, Round Hill is proud to have been Green Globe Certified from 2000-2008. Our key priorities include community involvement, waste reduction, energy efficiency, and localized purchasing while providing a comfortable and welcoming environment for every guest.
We pledge to:
- Lead by example, sharing our successes and failures with our community and industry partners.
- Hold every decision to the standard of our triple bottom line:
- Benefit the community
- Provide the best workplace for our employees
- Enhance our guest experience.
- Look to grow our business responsibly, by tracking the progress of our efforts and by continuously seeking areas for improvement.
- Maintain transparency in all of these efforts, above all.
Some specific examples of our Green Commitment include the following:
- Utilization of our own organic garden where we grow much of the produce consumed on property
- Use of photocells and CFL's where appropriate
- Timers on all pool pumps to reduce utilization of electricity
- Linen re-use program at the discretion of our guests
- Use of our own wastewater treatment plant to collect all waste on property
- Use of natural ventilation and ceiling fans rather than relying upon energy-intensive air conditioning
- Reduced use of paper napkins, straws, and coasters to eliminate unnecessary waste
- Use of environmentally friendly gardening without using harsh pesticides
Here at Round Hill, we understand that sustainability is a journey and, as Jamaica's premier eco-friendly resort, we're involved in the ongoing process of improving our operations and conserving resources.