From growing our own organic vegetables and herbs to reducing waste and conserving energy, Round Hill is fully committed to lessening our footprint and promoting sustainability. As Montego Bay, Jamaica's premier green hotel, we are constantly striving to improve our operations and conserve resources in every way possible.
Our eco-friendly Jamaica hotel’s key priorities include farm-to-table consumption, waste reduction, energy efficiency and localized purchasing while providing a comfortable, welcoming and sustainable environment for every guest.
We pledge to:
- Lead by example - sharing our successes and failures with our community and industry partners.
- Look to grow our business responsibly by tracking the progress of our efforts and by continuously seeking areas for improvement.
- Maintain transparency in all of these efforts above all.
- Hold every decision to the standard of our triple bottom line:
- Benefit the community
- Provide the best workplace for our employees
- Enhance our guest experience
Some specific examples of our Green Commitment include the following:
- Utilization of our own organic garden, where we grow much of the produce consumed on our property.
- Use of photocells and CFL's, where appropriate.
- Timers on all pool pumps to reduce utilization of electricity.
- Linen re-use program at the discretion of our guests.
- Use of our own wastewater treatment plant to collect all waste on our property.
- Use of natural ventilation and ceiling fans rather than relying upon energy-intensive air conditioning.
- Reduced use of paper napkins, straws and coasters to eliminate unnecessary waste. Practicing environmentally friendly gardening without using harsh pesticides.