We have implemented a program to ensure well-being of our dedicated staff and guests. Our health and safety manager has worked alongside the various departments to institute the health and safety protocols that were recommended by the World Health Organization and established by the government of Jamaica.
Forbes Travel Guide Sharecare VERIFIED™
Round Hill has earned Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide badge by completing – and maintaining – verification on more than 360 global health security standards.
COVID-19 Testing Available During Your Vacation
We are able to make arrangements for guests to undergo a rapid antigen or PCR COVID-19 test while on property. The tests are administered by a local medical practitioner and the process is quick and easy.
COVAC Global Guest Protection Program
Round Hill has partnered with COVAC Global. Guest Protection Memberships covers up to 6 guests per party while staying at Round Hill and will repatriate should you or a member of your party be diagnosed with COVID-19 during your stay. US and Canada Residents Only. Please click here for more information and to apply.
As of April 16, 2022, there is no requirement for COVID-19 pre- arrival testing for international travel to Jamaica. The requirement for persons in an enclosed place of public access to wear a fitted mask to cover the person's nose and mouth is also abolished. For more information, click here.
Once our guests arriving at Sangster International Airport (MBJ) exit customs, they will be greeted by our airport concierge who is stationed at desk #19 in the arrival hall. Our airport concierge will wear a mask and will have a supply of disposable sanitizing wipes available. Our airport concierge will assist guests in getting to their driver. Drivers will be properly equipped with mask and in possession of alcohol-based sanitizer and sanitizing wipes. Vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized after each trip. Transportation is private; therefore only one party will be accommodated in a vehicle at any given time. Guests must wear their mask during the transfer. The same applies for the return transfer to the airport.
We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting across the resort with focus on high-touch surfaces and public areas.
- Public areas are cleaned consistently during service hours using EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants with extra attention to frequented areas such as the front desk and restrooms.
- Guest rooms are disinfected daily during the cleaning process.
- Electrostatic spraying of arrival and departure rooms.
- Filters for HVAC air conditioners are removed, cleaned and disinfected before new guests arrive.
- Golf carts are sanitized after the transportation of each party.
- All luggage and personal items are sanitized before delivery to guest room.
- Temperature check on arrival at the resort.
- Amenity kit with mask, hand sanitizer and sanitization wipes placed in guest rooms.
- Social distancing measures implemented in all public areas and must be adhered to for guest protection.
- Guests are able view dining information, make spa appointments and request services using the Round Hill app.
- No printed material in guest rooms. Information, including the hotel compendium and newspapers, is available on the Round Hill app.
- Contactless daily housekeeping services done with optional turn down service.
- Restaurant pick up menu available.
- Restaurant and bars operate with reduce capacity to ensure ample spacing for physical distancing.
- Dining reservations required in advance to facilitate the appropriate physical distance between tables.
- Restaurant staff properly equipped with masks.
- Hand sanitizer dispenser at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Temperature check of guests when they arrive at the restaurant.
- Guests will be escorted to their table that will then be set with disinfected tableware.
- Guests must wear masks until they are seated at their table.
- Digital menus available in the restaurant.
- No self-service buffet. In the event that there is a buffet, staff will be assigned to serve.
- All protocols to be observed during in-villa catering service.
- Reservations are required for use of the spa, fitness centre and tennis courts to facilitate capacity control.
- Guest temperature to be taken before the start of each treatment at the spa.
- Hand sanitization stations are available at spa, fitness centre and tennis courts.
- Spa therapists and staff wear mask and other protective equipment.
- Treatment rooms are fully sanitized after each treatment.
- Massage beds and other equipment are fully sanitized between each treatment.
- Tennis racquets are fully sanitized before given to guests.
- The capacity of the fitness center is restricted to a maximum of ten persons at a time.
- Physical distancing markers are placed on gym equipment when not in use to allow 6 ft. of space in between machines.
- Beach and pool lounge chairs are configured to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between groups of guests travelling together.
- Beach and pool lounge chairs sanitized before use by guests.
- Proper cleaning and sanitization of public areas done more frequently throughout the day.
- All kids club staff and nannies wear mask.
- Kids club facilities fully cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Frequent handwashing using proper hand washing techniques.
- Hand sanitizer dispenser to facilitate frequent sanitization.
- Temperature check of children during daily registration.
- Maximum capacity of twelve children inside the kids club (six at the 3-6 club and six at the 7-up club).
- All toys, books and equipment sanitized before and after use.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 ft. will be observed for all activities.
- Initial staff training by the Tourism Product Development Company and on-going training focused on educating the team for the delivery of a high level of service that incorporates our enhanced health and safety program.
- All staff members have a good understanding of COVID-19 and its transmission.
- Staff members wear the appropriate personal protection equipment and practice physical distancing.
- Staff members are screened with temperature check upon entry of the resort.
- Use of a walk-through sanitization station with temperature check of all staff before they begin their shift.
- Frequent handwashing by all staff in addition to the use of hand sanitizer dispensers.